See what services our members provide to help protect the environment.
Recycling of glasses and contact lenses. J. Oliver Radley is a recycling drop-off point. You can recycle any of your glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses with them, wherever you purchased them from.
- Any spectacles or sunglasses in any condition, whether metal or plastic.
- Any brand of soft contact lenses (daily, 2-weekly and monthly), blister packs and foil.
Zero waste shop. Replenish & Reuse is an eco-friendly refill shop selling a variety of groceries, toiletries, cleaning products and household items. Their mission is to reduce packaging and food waste, and many products are also organic.
Take along your own containers to fill with as much or as little as you require.
Sustainable Fashion. Flutterby’s Boutique is a preloved and vintage womenswear store, aiming to encourage the rewearing of beautiful garments, the prevention of waste and a progression from a fast fashion to a more circular fashion economy.
They also stock a selection of organic, handmade or locally sourced home and wellbeing products with a sustainable lifestyle in mind.
All processes and packaging are zero waste where possible.
We are an award winning, family run business in Cottered. We offer luxury self catering accommodation. Adult only & dog friendly
We have introduced:
- Hot Composting
- Terracycle bin for all plastic currently not recycled
- Harvesting rainwater from all downpipes
- Moving to utilising Grey water for our 3rd retreat
- Replacing Hot tubs with less energy hungry outdoor jacuzzis / baths
- Removing all plastics for guest use where possible
- We buy in large bulk quantities to reduce constantly buying plastic bottles. reusing plastic bottles to refill
- Educating guests on all our initiatives in the hope they may take some ideas home and start to implement themselves
- Installing an EV charger for guests with electric cars, and offering a discount to them for staying
- Installing water reducing shower heads