Introducing “The Studios @ Watermill”
The Studios are being developed by Tony Hoodless who lives with his family in Little Hadham.
Tony developed 17 larger industrial units on Watermill Estate, Aspenden Road last year. Of these units, the first phase was reserved before completion and Tony noted that there was significant demand for smaller, more affordable creative spaces in the area, so he asked his architect what could be done, the result is The Studios.
The concept is to provide a comfortable, relaxed environment that will feel good and encourage creativity and productivity. Set in a sustainable natural setting on the edge of open farmland, The Studios will provide new creative office space within a short walk to the town centre, good accessibility and ample parking on site. There is a community feel within the existing businesses on the estate and it is felt that The Studios will add to this. The area is going to be very green with sustainable construction methods and surfacing, even the roads are going to be grasscrete. The estate has superfast fibre broadband and this will be available to all studios. There has already been interest and reservations for The Studios as there is limited quality business space in Buntingford. Too many people drive south down the A10 every day, so hopefully these new workspaces will improve people’s lives and the environment by encouraging local employment.
Studio sizes range from 200sq.ft to 720sq.ft and will be available on flexible terms from early 2021.
The Studios can be used for many things such as;
- Display or retail sale of goods (other than hot food)
- Sale of food and drink for consumption (mostly) on the premises
- The Provision of Financial services, Professional services (other than health or medical services), or other appropriate services in a Commercial, business or service locality
- Indoor Sport, Recreation or Fitness (not involving motorised vehicles or firearms)
- Provision of Medical or Health Services (except the use of premises attached to the residence of the consultant or practitioner)
- Creche, Day Nursery or Day Centre (not including a residential use)
- Uses which can be carried out in a residential area without detriment to its amenity such as Offices to carry out any operational or administrative functions, Research and Development of products or processes, Industrial Processes
If you are looking for space to do business or space to be creative or you just want some more space then get in touch.